Dr Moiz Moghal
MBChB, MRCGP, DipSEM (UK&I), MSc, FFSEM
Consultant in Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Obtained his medical degree from the University of Sheffield graduating in 2002.
- Spent the first few years of his career gaining a broad experience across a range of surgical specialities including orthopaedics, neurosurgery and general surgery.
- Spent time working in Emergency Medicine in Australia and New Zealand.
- Completed General Practice Vocational Training in the London Deanery obtaining Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners in 2011.
- He appears on the GMC Specialist Register having completed higher specialist training in Sport & Exercise Medicine based at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust. During this time he undertook appointments in public heath, orthopaedics, rheumatology and emergency medicine as well as working in NHS sports injury and musculoskeletal clinics.
- He has also successfully completed a Diploma in Sport & Exercise Medicine as well as a Masters degree in Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health from the University College London.
Sport & Exercise Medicine Appointments
- Consultant Sports Physician at the English Institute of Sport providing medical care to a range of Olympic & Paralympic sports including GB Hockey.
- Medical Officer GB Canoeing (Sprint).
- Medical Officer Southampton Football Club.
- Competition Cover for British Athletics both in the UK and abroad.
- Medical Officer Hampshire County Cricket Club.
- Team Doctor MCCU Cricket Academy, Oxford.
- Polyclinic doctor for the Paralympic Games London 2012.
- Matchday medical cover for Oxford United Football Club, Oxford Rugby League, Oxford University Rugby Football Club & Abingdon School Rugby.
- Recently appointed as an Honorary Consultant for an NHS Musculoskeletal Service based at St. George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Has a keen interest in the promotion of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease and acts as a consultant involved in the development of a physical activity network for the residents of Oxfordshire.
- He is a Fellow of the Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine and member of the British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Joint injections (blind & ultrasound guided).
- Extra-corporeal shockwave therapy.